Sunday 8 February 2015

G -Globalisation #28daysofwriting


Globalisation



I'm currently reading Yong Zhao's 'World Class Learners: Educating Creative and Entrepreneurial Students'. Only a few chapters in, and I can already trace similarities in the ideas shared in books I read over the holidays by Daniel Pink. Seth Godin and David Price. Traditional education systems are not adequately preparing students for a new reality in the global economy. There definitely is a lack of emphasis on fostering creativity, innovation and the entrepreneurial spirit. Technology and the economy is changing rapidly, and what we may be teaching students currently is becoming outdated.

As educators we need to have students embrace the concepts of digital literacy,  provide opportunities to pursue dreams, allow risk-taking & failure, challenge traditional beliefs about education,understand how they learn, be continuously developing themselves, create globally informed citizens, foster social justice initiatives and create opportunities to develop a growth mindset.

My goal for this year is to work with my students and help them understand and be better prepared for the uncertain future. When they leave my classroom at the end of the year I hope I have made an impact, but that they would have become independent, informed and global learners that can take on any challenges.

Bonus: My Twitter Recommendations- Letter G
These educators have been part of my PLN for some time and it is fantastic to be able to connect with them, share ideas, be challenged and learn from one another. 

No comments:

Post a Comment